Monday, January 31, 2005

TWLIbrary project

Some of us at ThoughtWorks decided that we would involving ourselves in a project which would be starting from the begginning, would be a perfect way to learn about all the technologies and decisions that go with it, and in my case all get better at coding.
we started off by talking to chris, who helped us decide the technologies that would be suitable for our project. At present we are planning to use Hibernate for the OR Mapping layer and WebWork for the MVC frame work. As kini and me both were not familiar with both Hibernate and WebWork, we started off by looking at some online tutorials and reading some books. I would say 'Hibernate in action' is a pretty good book about Hibernate. I would strongly suggest reading 'open source java programming', i think they have done a very good job with explaining about WebWork.
we then got Naresh's help in setting up CVS and ajey gave us an account on Jhakas.
after all the set up we finally started coding on friday(28th i guess). we decided that we would use all the XP practices and make it a TestDriven Project.
we are planning to do some work on it today. I also have to speak to some of the analysts to ask them to write some story cards for us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chirag said...

Hi Santhosh,
I am a java developer working in Bangalore. I am keenly interested in XP and TDD but have not got a chance to work on them, since my orgnaization does not follow it.
I was wondering that, if you guys are doing an open source project would it possible for me to join in and assist you guys in your project in some way. My aim is to do some practical TDD based development.
I have been involved in Java developement for about 3 years. Please let me know if you think its possible for me to join in.

Regards,
Chirag

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home